Student Spotlight Alisha Mitchell
Name: Alisha Mitchell
Classification (Fr., So., Jr., Sr.): Senior
Major: Criminal Justice
1. Why did you select Eastern Kentucky University?
I chose EKU for the Criminal Justice Program.
2. Why did you select Criminal Justice?
I selected the Criminal Justice field as my career choice because the job market is very demanding, I want to make a positive difference in my community, and protect and serve society. I find the patterns of crime, criminal behavior, and the different theories of crime interesting.
3. What are your educational goals?
My educational goals are to graduate EKU with a B.S. in Criminal Justice in the fall of 2015. I then plan to pursue a M.S. in Adult, Juvenile and Community Corrections Leadership.
4. When did you being your degree at Eastern Kentucky University?
I began my degree at Eastern Kentucky University in the fall of 2014.
5. Are you aware that any credit hours at EKU above 12 are free, not including online only classes?
Yes, I am aware.
6. What is your career goal?
My career goals are to work in the juvenile justice system as a Juvenile Counselor or a Juvenile Probation or Parole officer.
7. Are you aware that EKU RC offers membership two Nationally Recognized Criminal Justice Organizations? Please join us at our Alpha Phi Sigma, Lambda Alpha Epsilon Facebook page for more information.
Yes, I would recommend all Criminal Justice students to join these organizations.
8. What advice would you give prospective students considering EKU and Criminal Justice/Police Studies?
This a great program to consider! The Criminal Justice Program at EKU has prepared me for the work field and made my career goals possible.